You ever have the weekend come up and think, “Damn. I don’t have any plans.”
I live in New York and that still happens to me from time to time, but what I do know is that I am in charge of creating my surrounding. I can’t expect people to come to me. I can’t wait for things to happen.
The definition of the word create states, “To make something new that did not exist before.”
But, it’s not always that easy, is it?
Here’s a simple to-do list to create your new surrounding that you can use today and FOREVER.
Step 1. Call your friends & family
I don’t care if you have 100 friends/family or 1. Call them. Text them. I believe calling is better because it’s more intimate, but the point is to get your social juices flowing.
This gives an immediate burst of energy and feeling of closeness. A reminder that people know YOU.
The one caveat: if pride is your problem, then remember that “My way or the high-way,” is the L O N E L Y-way.
Step 2. Do the things that make you uncomfortable
- Lunch with your co-worker sounds boring? DO IT.
- Don’t want to go to that party? GO.
- Want to play video games instead of going to the coffee shop? GO.
- Join meetup.com to meet new people? That sounds weird. JUST SIGN UP.
You have to go against your inner desires here and not give a fuck.
Step 3. Exercise
I don’t care if you are hiking, running, or knitting in a park while walking. Twenty minutes is enough to get a solid endorphin rush. That is the FEEL-GOOD chemical. And best of all it’s free.
Step 4. Positive energy
This is more long term, but it’s important so I had to add it. Get rid of people that are negative in your life and dragging you down. Been friends since high school? That’s cute. Oh, you had art class together in 3rd grade? That’s even cuter.
Here’s what I have to say about that: I don’t give a sh*t.
You see, when you are around positive people, you become positive. When you are around negative people, well…you become negative. Your history with these people means doodoo (another word for shit).
Everyday you are getting older. Don’t waste time with people that aren’t like-minded. If all your friends play video games and you want to be more social. Then stop playing video games. I mean, it’s really that simple. You can’t expect change if YOU don’t change.
Don’t complicate it. Hang with those you WANT TO BE LIKE. Not sure how to do that, I have a few tricks you can use.
The point is to remember that negative energy is a downer and you don’t need that. You need positive vibes only.
Do these 4 things and see if it helps.
- Like this post? Comment and let me know. Hate it? That’s cool! Comment and let me know that too, just please let me know your reasoning. I’m always looking for ways to improve my writing and help people improve their lives.
- I wrote a FREE GUIDE titled, “Learn 3 Unusual Hacks to DRAMATICALLY Be More Comfortable in Any Social Situation” it’s free and you can get it below.